Hi all,

My friend and I are planning a road trip for October, between 2 and 3 weeks. I was thinking Chicago and around but he wants to visit San Francisco and Las Vegas. I went on a 3,700 miles / 18 days road trip last year from Houston to Phoenix to Las Vegas, Grand canyon, Bryce, Zion, Arches, Page, Monument Valley, Colorado (loved it) and back to Houston. I don't mind adding any of those I've already done to the list.

One of my questions would be regarding the weather. Is it possible to camp at that time of the year without freezing? Will there be snow?

I haven't looked at everything there is to see in this area because the idea just came up. I know there is Death valley, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe not too far. What else would you recommend (maybe cities, but I'm more for parks and nature)?

I don't know how much driving we want to do yet, we can adjust according to what we want to see. We'll be coming from France too, so jet lag will have the best of us the first few days :/

I also had this idea of flying to Chicago and driving to San Francisco, but that might be too much. I'd love seeing all the different kinds of landscapes, but I don't know if there are lots to do on that route. We could do Chicago to Denver in two days, but let me know if I'm crazy here ;) I like the UP too, it's not that far :o) There's too many things to see and too little time, and it's not easy to choose...