We're from The Netherlands and will visit Las Vegas in October because my brother is going to be married there. After his marriage we (my wife, I and two sons 2 & 4 years old) are planning to drive to Victoria BC in an ambitious 13 days (22 October - 3 November).
Although we first planned to rent a minivan, the thought of driving a RV seems more fun and perhaps less expensive than a regular rental car in combination with hotel bookings. We, however do not have any RV experience whatsoever. After Vegas we would like to visit the following cities and their sights: San Diego 1 night, L.A. 1 night, Yosemite 1 night, San Francisco 3 nights, Portland 1 night, Victoria BC 2 night and Seattle 1 night. We have planned a flight back from Seattle to New York.
Can anyone please give us some advice on:
- where to rent a RV;
- what do we have to consider before renting a RV;
- what kind of maintenance does a RV need during the trip;
- Is it easy to get gas for a RV;
- Is it easy to drive to the cities we want to see with a RV;
- whether or not we should start of with renting a regular car and at a later point during the trip a RV;
- any other advice...?
Hopefully someone can give us some useful tips. Thanks in advance!