1. Default What's on the way.... BONNAROO.....

Gloucester MA to Bonnaroo

My son and a few friends are doing Bonnaroo.
    The mom (me!) wants to make some sort of memorable Road Trip for them.

I'm googling and searching, looking for cool things to see on the way.
    Nothing too deep, they are all 20 or so...

What do you guys know?

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Without knowing what sorts of things they might be interested in, I'd have to guess that anyone who is going to Bonnaroo would enjoy a stop at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. That's not on the direct path, but it could easily be worked into that plan.

How much time do they have for the trip, and what sorts of things are they interested in. And of course - why aren't they asking us this!

Tucson, AZ

Default On the Way, and Back

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Certainly, there is no shortage of natural, historic, and man-made attractions between Massachusetts and Tennessee, no reason why they have to take the same route down and back, and no reason not to stop along the way assuming they have given themselves sufficient time to make the trip safely. So - two possible routes:

MA-2/Taconic Parkway/I-84/I-81/I-40 Highlights include the Delaware Water Gap, Gettysburg, Shenandoah National Park, and Blue Ridge Parkway

I-95/Garden State Parkway/Cape May=Lewes Ferry/US-9/US-13/US-58/I-85/I-40 Highlights include Newport/Mystic/beaches/the ferry/Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel/Great Smoky Mountains

The main factor in making a safe and memorable RoadTrip is time. They should take at least a couple of days by the I-81 route and three days by the coastal route. Plus however much time they want to spend exploring and enjoying on the way.

4. Default

19/20yr olds... interested in.... seeing something on the way!

Going to Bonnaroo, so obviously music, mountains, worlds biggest ball of twine.. just "stuff"
    SOMETHING to see on the way.

Thanx for your ideas so far... LOVE to RRHOF.
    Some of where they are going is like where we are at, Gloucester. Love the ocean, love the shore, but we live here... looking for something a bit different. Mountains are great, def an interest...

Anything else? Keep the ideas coming!