How are my jolly American neighbours feeling this morning?
Anyway, enough of the jovials...
Me and a few mates after visiting your intriguing country in a few weeks stopping in Washington, Philli, New York, Niagara and Boston. We've hired a nice fuel-guzzling car for the 'New York - Niagara - Boston' segment of the trip and would like a bit of advice...
The New York - Niagara leg will be completed in 1 day which doesn't really give us a chance for any stop-over. We'll be sharing driving three-ways and despite the journey being long (equivalent of driving full length of England!) we're happy with this approach. From looking at Google we'll be following the 209-81-86-390 roads.
Now... the main tips I'm looking for is our return journey from Niagara to Boston as we've decided to add a random stop-over on our route to Boston.
Looking at Google we'll basically be driving along the 90 road...
- Is there anywhere along this route you would recommend we visit?
- Where would you recommend to be a mid-way, quite interesting stop-over? We were thinking Albany although the appeal of stopping somewhere completely random interests me more e.g. lake, national park etc.
The only criteria we have is...
- We must have the car returned to Boston by 5:30pm
- The place we stop-over must have somewhere, preferrably a bar, broadcasting the England v Algeria World Cup Football (Soccer) match.
- We won't be leaving the stop-over until 1pm due to the soccer so we must be able to reach Boston within 4 and half hours (taking in to factor traffic etc)
Another quick question...
- Roughly, how much will petrol cost for the whole journey - New York to Niagara to Boston.
Many thanks for your help and look forward to visiting your country.
If you have any questions about the glorious country of England please ask away.