1. Default Philadelphia to Los Angeles in 14 -16 days.

Hello RTA. Thanks in advance for any advice. I will be driving from Philadelphia to Los Angeles during the last week of June and the first week of July. I have previously driven the northern route and this time would like to explore the southern route. I would like to spend some time in Memphis, Santa Fe, Taos, and Las Vegas.
    What route would you take, where else would you stop along the way and for how long (I am not opposed to spending a day or so in a place with plenty to see), what is "not to be missed"?
    Thank you for any help.

South of England.

Default A few of many.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With 2 weeks or more you will have a nice amount of time for sight seeing, as crossing the country is doable in 5 or 6 full days of driving. You already have a few dots on the map, so it is a case of seeing what is in between that appeals to you. You can find a whole bunch of info throughout the RTA pages by looking around, but away from the City theme you could visit Shenandoah NP, Blue ridge and Great Smokey mountains towards Memphis. Around Santa Fe is Taos Pueblo where you could head towards the Four corners region and Mesa Verde NP and through Monument valley to the South rim of the Grand canyon. Depending on how quickly you get out West some parks of Southern Utah could be considered before Vegas, Zion and Bryce canyon are quite spectacular. From Vegas a trip across Death valley is quite an experience or you could head through the Mojave preserve to Joshua tree.

You will have to pick and choose to your pace and style of travel as the time will soon disappear, but you won't be short of options.

Have a look around and do a little research, when you have some more dots on the map we may be able to help fine tune your trip.

Enjoy the planning !