1. Default Road Trip to Niagara

I am planning a road trip with a friend from Chicago to Niagara Falls. Thinking to possibly go into Canada. I obviously want to see as many scenic routes as possible. If anyone can give me some information it would be greatly appreciated.

Tucson, AZ

Default More Questions than Answers

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Before anyone can offer advice that you might find useful, they need to Know a good bit more about you and your trip. Such as: What are your interests? How much time do you have? Is the trip more about the journey or the destinations? Who else, if anyone, will be going with you? The more information you provide, and the more you can indicate where you need help, the more people can help you. But a simple "I'm going from A to B, what should I do?" is practically impossible to answer.

Joplin MO

Just a note - if you plan on going through Canada, you need passports, and if you are renting a car, permission from the rental company.

I grew up near NF, and you definitely need passports, because a lot of the good stuff is over on the Canadian side. However, you can spend several hours on Goat Island between the falls and see and do several things there.

You failed to mention when you plan to go, but if it is later in June or July, look for a route article in the Map Section on the Home Page of this forum in a couple of weeks. It will give you some good tips on what to see and how to plan your tour at Niagara.

I've driven Southern Michigan/Ontario route, and I prefer the I-90 route across. It can easily be done in one day, and the tolls are still worth it, about $10-15 last time I drove it.

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

We've enjoyed driving along the North Coast of the US, which would be Ohio's Lake Erie shore.

In Toledo, go to Tony Packo's for some good eating,

Port Clinton has a lot of fishing and definitely try to get out to Put-in-Bay on South Bass Island, a little taste of the Keys and a lot closer to home.

Also, if you have time in South Bend, Indiana, take a student-guided tour through Notre Dame.