1. Default Northbound on I95

Hi everyone.
    Looking for some advice on a place to stop in between Savannah and DC. Looking to stay overnite and hoping not too far off the 95. Raleigh is my place of choice at the moment, but am looking for a good alternative.
    Thanks

Savannah to DC can be done in one long day - are you looking for a stop around the halfway point or do you want to have a short drive into DC the next day? Do you have a hotel chain preference and/or a budget figure for a room?

3. Default Northbound on I95

This being a family trip with two toddlers, I will have to stop often. So I need a half point to stay at a hotel over night. I thought of Raleigh, but it seems way off I95. I guess I'm looking for a town or area that provides some kind of entartainemnet, cultural or athletic a decent restaurant/hotel. Your suggestion is very appreciated.

Default Well off of I-95

Hello Annetan,

You are correct that my hometown of Raleigh is 35-40 miles west of I-95, depending on what route one takes to my hometown from I-95.

I must admit I'm at a bit of a loss to suggest I-95 stops with a great deal of attractions. South of the Border at the NC-SC state line is a kitschy, buffoon-ish, but altogether funny and entertaining stopover. The Airborne and Special Forces museum in Fayetteville attracts those who enjoy militaria. Wilson, NC is home to some terrific small-town baseball in summer, where the restored historic Fleming Field hosts college summer league games. Wilson is also home to Bill's and Parker's, two of the finer examples of Eastern NC-style pork barbeque.

Have fun planning and taking your RoadTrip!

Foy

In that case, I'd look at Wilson or Rocky Mount. I don't think you will find many attractions, but there will be plenty of reasonably priced hotels.