Default solar/crank chargers...NOT for cell phones

I am looking for a charger that is either solar or hand crank for small electronic devices, not necessarily for a cell phone. All of what I can see online are for cell phones. Does anyone know where I can get a charger that is for multi-use? Any recommendations?

Default Wasn't Hard

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I had no problems at all finding such devices. I simply did a Google search on {solar OR crank charger} and got more results for devices to power other devices besides cell phones, rechargeable batteries, etc.

AZBuck

Default Portable?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I guess it would depend upon how portable you need the device to be. Coleman makes a solar panel that will recharge your car/RV batteries. That will allow you to then use your cars 12v outlets (and/or and Inverter) to recharge items without having to worry about coming back to your car with a dead battery.

I just need a charger for small electronics. Yeah, I did a new search and found some solar chargers with adapters for multiple devices. I don't know why I wasn't able to do this before ha ha. Thanks guys :).

I don't have any problem simply recharging devices overnight with 12 volt plug into the vehicle socket chargers. I charge my Bluetooth speaker and my laptop battery this way, and sometimes my phone too. They don't draw enough juice to run the battery down.

Default Kinetic charger

Just last weekend I attended the annual Trail Days festival in Damascus, VA, where the Appalachian Trail and the Virginia Creeper Trail intersect in "Trail Town, USA".

There I chanced to meet representatives of nPower PEG (Personal Energy Generator). They've just come on the market with a 13 ounce device geared towards backpackers and hikers. The device, as noted in this title, used kinetic energy from the user's mere walking about to generate power with which to recharge cellphones or GPS devices. Not exactly a RoadTrip/vehicular item, but I thought worthy of mention in this thread nonetheless.

Foy

Default That's a cool little product

I like the concept behind this device.

Thanks for the post. Got a link any more information?

Mark

Mark:

A Google search comes up with this. Looks like it's 150 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Mark:

A Google search comes up with this. Looks like it's 150 bucks.
    Yes, retailing for $149 is what the reps told me Saturday afternoon. Apparently their product is only just recently on the market. They were (rightly) proud of the fact that the materials were US-sourced and the labor "all Ohio" in the production process.

Foy