1. Default VA Beach to Breckenridge, CO

This is our first time. We have no idea what to expect. We would love to see the sights along the way. But, we have no idea what IS along the way. so, if anyone is along route 64 or 70, please pass any info along. what are some good sights to see, resting stops, towns to spend the night in, and so on. we are staying with friends in Alma, CO. THANKS!

Welcome to the forum.

How long do you have for the trip? It's roughly 1800 miles between your destinations so 3 VERY long days of driving would be enough but then you would have nothing to see along the way. At the very least you'll be going through West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Kansas before getting into Colorado. If you did it in 3 days your stops would roughly be Lexington, KY and Topeka, KS. Also what types of things are you interested in? There a thousands of possibilities.

3. Default

it looks like it's 30 hours of driving. we plan to do it in three day each way. it looks like we will be on 64 and 70 A LOT and want to know some of the great stops along the way. i have never made it out of VA on 64, so the whole trip will be brand new. we want to see some of the sights along the way. i manage a horse farm, so i want to see lexington, ky. beyond that, probably all of the cheesy tourist things. biggest ball of yarn (haha). any thoughts are great!!!!!!

Green County, Wisconsin

As was explained in the previous post, this trip can be done in 3 days, but its going to involve some very long days on the road and you aren't going to have much time for sightseeing. More likely, you'll be looking at closer to 12 hour days, just factoring the driving and required stops for food/fuel/restrooms/etc. That just doesn't leave a whole lot of time to tour farms or find cheesy tourist stops.

You will be able to stop at a few places here or there, but you really are going to be fairly limited to things that are quite close to the highway. These don't really fall into the tacky tourist trap category, but these are some great places right near the freeway that will provide good opportunities to take a quick break from the road.

5. Default

so.......what are some awesome stops along the way? we will do four days on the way bag now. i was hoping to get some ideas on here. we have no idea what to expect. please help!!!

Tucson, AZ

Default A Few Possibilities from Among Many

You'll still have to pick and choose carefully where to spend your time, but besides the horses of Lexington, you could also take a driving detour down the New River valley in West Virginia, take a ride to the top of the Arch in St. Louis, tour Harry Truman's home in Kansas City, or examine the dinosaurs of the plains in Oakley.

7. Default

thank you much! i will have to look into all of those. i manage a horse farm, so horses will be in the road trip some where!