1. Default Coast to Coast Road Trip Summer 2010

Hi There
    I'm a 30yr old PE teacher from England.
    I've been planning on doing a Coast to Coast trip this Summer for a while now with a friend from England but he is struggling financially at the moment so has had to pull out of the trip.
    I'm still trying to organise it myself though but donít really fancy the idea of driving Coast to Coast by myself.
    My original plan was to fly to LA and pick up a hire car and then drive it all the way across America to NY taking in all the best places along the way. However, I'm a relaxed kind of a guy and flexible in my approach to the trip so I donít really mind driving from the east coast to the west or the vica versa. Also, Iím open to any ideas about which route to take or what places to take in.
    I hope to start the trip towards the end of July 2010 and take about 3 weeks doing it.
    About me: Being a PE teacher I like to keep reasonably fit and enjoy running, cycling and football (soccer). I am also interested in American history and politics but I'm not a geek and equally love having a few beers and a bit of a party.
    I was thinking about hiring some kind of convertible car for the trip. If youíre interested in sharing the experience, driving, cost of car hire and gas etc or have any questions then drop me a reply on here please.
    Cheers, Dan.

Default Good luck !

Hi Danlufc, welcome to the RTA forums !

Good luck with your search for a travel companion[s] I hope it works out for you ! Did you notice the sticky thread with the rider share board links.

Marching on together ! ;-)

Hi Dan,

I totally underdtand your situation as im in the exactly same situation. I was hoping to spend aound a month traveling coast to coast with a friend however circumstances mean he now cant do go and im left without a traveling partner. Im 23 and recently quit work in order to experience as many adventures as possible before my finances run out, Im a massive football fan and graduated from uni 3 years ago so definately enjoy a few beers now and again. Your idea of hiring a convertable sounds quality and im also pretty flexible in terms of locations and budget. Give me a shout if you fancy discussing possible plans.

Cheers,
    Jon

Default I see you figured it out

Jon,

I see that you figured out how to post on the forum -- Happy hunting for a traveling partner.

Mark

5. Default

Hi,
    I'm a new member. In your post you mention a hire car. Can u please explain to me how u go about doing that and the cost involve. Planning to fly to sanfran and drive back in june.

thanks
    max

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what your question is.

Car Rental is a major industry, with several large national chains providing all sorts of options. The prices depend on a huge variety of factors, but I'm not really sure what you are confused about.

7. Default Do you have a rv ? I pay fuel and food ! Phila to appalachia to la to n. Calif to ? +

Quote Originally Posted by Danlufc View Post
    Hi There
    I'm a 30yr old PE teacher from England.
    I've been planning on doing a Coast to Coast trip this Summer for a while now with a friend from England but he is struggling financially at the moment so has had to pull out of the trip.
    I'm still trying to organise it myself though but donít really fancy the idea of driving Coast to Coast by myself.
    My original plan was to fly to LA and pick up a hire car and then drive it all the way across America to NY taking in all the best places along the way. However, I'm a relaxed kind of a guy and flexible in my approach to the trip so I donít really mind driving from the east coast to the west or the vica versa. Also, Iím open to any ideas about which route to take or what places to take in.
    I hope to start the trip towards the end of July 2010 and take about 3 weeks doing it.
    About me: Being a PE teacher I like to keep reasonably fit and enjoy running, cycling and football (soccer). I am also interested in American history and politics but I'm not a geek and equally love having a few beers and a bit of a party.
    I was thinking about hiring some kind of convertible car for the trip. If youíre interested in sharing the experience, driving, cost of car hire and gas etc or have any questions then drop me a reply on here please.
    Cheers, Dan.
    DO YOU HAVE A RV ? I PAY FUEL AND FOOD ! PHILA TO APPALACHIA TO LA TO N. CALIF TO ? + BACK TO EAST COAST PHILA PA. What can you afford to spend? I am a 55 yr old vietnam era veteran non smoking sober open minded and spiritual type who traveled the USA from 2000 to 2004 in a minnie winnie winebago. I know all the roads. I had put on 70,000 miles on that trip. I do not own the RV anymore but we can rent one or buy one and resell it later on. I have to take with me my 87 yr old mother. She is in great shape and would love to see the USA before she passes. If your open to it let me know. I have funds enough to cover the fuel and food and i am a great cook. I am hoping to find someone who would buy or rent the RV. You can resell it afterwards. We might even find a RV to be delivered across the USA through one of the auto drive away delivery sites. I would like to go thru the appalachian mountains and go thru LA and see N. Calif and well and then i am open to anywhere else. I have been there so we won't get lost and i know how to drive a 24ft RV . Danie

PS: I don't care about your age. I don't need a bed for me just for my mom. I eat lots of salads and veggies and have lived in a RV for over 4 yrs and traveled 48 states from 2000 to 2004