Default North Bend, WA to Terre Haute, IN

I will be driving from North Bend, WA to Terre Haute, IN this June to take some summer classes. My goal is just to get to Indiana quickly but also to enjoy the actual driving experience. I need to be in Terre Haute by the afternoon on June 11 and tentatively I am planning on leaving Washington in the morning of the 8th. I do have some flexibility and could leave a day earlier if necessary. I'll be taking I-90 at least through SD, after which it looks like there a few different ways I can go.

My questions are: 1) If I am just focused on the driving and only making stops for rest/gas/food, is 3.5 days realistic for doing this? 2) Does it make sense to put the biggest chunk of mileage first, with lower amounts on following days? [tentatively thinking of stops in Bozeman, MT; Murdo, SD and Cedar Rapids.

Appreciate any suggestions

Joplin MO

Your overnight plans are spot on - you will be on the road for approximately 12 hours each of the first 3 days. Take I-90/I-29/I-80/I-74/US-41. I'd recommend Coralville/Iowa City instead of Cedar Rapids. Lodging choices in Murdo are limited, and expect to pay $75 for a room, even at the Super 8.

An extra day would make for a lot less exhausting trip.

South of England.

Default Use the time available.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

I agree with glc, the extra day will allow you too "enjoy the driving experience" far more, and also, you will arrive at your destination a lot fresher.

Have a safe journey !