Default advise on the trip from Toronto to Boston

Hi, my friend and I are planning to make the trip from Toronto to Boston the beginning of July. We have about 5 days and are interested in taking one route down and a different one back and what to see and do on the way. We want at least a couple of days in Boston but wouldn't be adverse to stopping somewhere on the way home again. Any ideas or suggestions and advice regarding things to know would be appreciated...We understand that depending on the route we are looking at about a 9-10 hour drive. Places to stop and eat on the route would be good too.

Default The Obvious Two - And the Obvious Problem

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The way to go between Boston and Toronto on two separate routes would be to make a loop around Lake Ontario, going along the Mohawk Trail and Erie Canal through Niagara Falls going one way and along the north shore of Lake Ontario, through the Thousand Islands and Adirondacks, and across southern Vermont and New Hampshire the other. The problem is that the southern drive is a solid day's drive without any stops, the northern route is a good bit longer than a day, and you also want to spend two days in Boston and, presumably, at least a day in Toronto. And all of that adds up to more than 5 days.

AZBuck

Thanks, from my look I agree the Niagara Falls route will be a days drive. Look's like we'll have to do the same trip both ways. We aren't worried about time in Toronto since we are from the area but chances are there wouldn't be much chance to do anything other then drive coming back through the Thousand Islands route which would defeat the purpose. I guess we'll have to plan a second trip lol. Any suggestions on places to see on the drive from Toronto via the Niagara Falls route that would be worth seeing? (Besides the falls of course).

Default On the Way

Have a look at these.

AZBuck