blueshift86 Guest

Default NYC to LA road trip 2010 (looking for travelbuddies!)

i'm from London. I'm looking for people to do a US road trip with. My initial was to hire a car in NYC and drive it to the west coast but it's simply too expensive:(. £2440! (because i'm 23 and american rental laws are draconian!). So any americans with a car or anyone over 26 here fancy doing a road trip between 25th june to aug 25th? My plan was to go to niagara falls, salt lake city, yellowstone, seattle, portland, san fransisco, yosemite, sequoia national park, vegas, random american towns, down to LA.

I've never been to the US and so i've no idea what's worth seeing so it'd be great to meet up with somebody!

Let me know!

2. Default

Hi There
    I'm a 30yr old PE teacher from England.
    I've been planning on doing a Coast to Coast trip this Summer for a while now with a friend from England but he is struggling financially at the moment so has had to pull out of the trip.
    I'm still trying to organise it myself though but don’t really fancy the idea of driving Coast to Coast by myself.
    My original plan was to fly to LA and pick up a hire car and then drive it all the way across America to NY taking in all the best places along the way. However, I'm a relaxed kind of a guy and flexible in my approach to the trip so I don’t really mind driving from the east coast to the west or the vica versa. Also, I’m open to any ideas about which route to take or what places to take in.
    I hope to start the trip towards the end of July 2010 and take about 3 weeks doing it.
    About me: Being a PE teacher I like to keep reasonably fit and enjoy running, cycling and football (soccer). I am also interested in American history and politics but I'm not a geek and equally love having a few beers and a bit of a party.
    I was thinking about hiring some kind of convertible car for the trip. If you’re interested in sharing the experience, driving, cost of car hire and gas etc or have any questions then drop me a reply on here please.
    Cheers, Dan.

3. Default

Hey there,

I'm also looking for a road companion for a road trip this summer! Your time frame actually fits mine pretty well! I'm 21 and just finishing up my studies at Berkeley. Initially, I was thinking of driving over to NYC and flying back, but I could equally well do the reverse. But of course that would mean that I wouldn't have a car... Most of my friends are working or doing internships or whatever, and I hardly want to travel by myself! I'm super chill and easy to get along with, and pretty flexible with itineraries, although I would love to see Chicago, Boston, and spend some time in NYC. How long did you plan for this trip? Are you planning on staying in hostels, hotels, camp...?

Keep me posted on your plans!!

4. Default

DO YOU HAVE A RV ? I PAY FUEL AND FOOD ! PHILA TO APPALACHIA TO LA TO N. CALIF TO ? + BACK TO EAST COAST PHILA PA. What can you afford to spend? I am a 55 yr old vietnam era veteran non smoking sober open minded and spiritual type who traveled the USA from 2000 to 2004 in a minnie winnie winebago. I know all the roads. I had put on 70,000 miles on that trip. I do not own the RV anymore but we can rent one or buy one and resell it later on. I have to take with me my 87 yr old mother. She is in great shape and would love to see the USA before she passes. If your open to it let me know. I have funds enough to cover the fuel and food and i am a great cook. I am hoping to find someone who would buy or rent the RV. You can resell it afterwards. We might even find a RV to be delivered across the USA through one of the auto drive away delivery sites. I would like to go thru the appalachian mountains and go thru LA and see N. Calif and well and then i am open to anywhere else. I have been there so we won't get lost and i know how to drive a 24ft RV . Danie

PS: I don't care about your age. I don't need a bed for me just for my mom. I eat lots of salads and veggies and have lived in a RV for over 4 yrs and traveled 48 states from 2000 to 2004