1. Default Motorcycle adventure

I will be flying into Las Vegas & renting a Harley. Need someones expertise We HAve 5 full days . South Rim AZ, Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott Bryce Caynon Zion National PArk IS this doable in five days? Would love to get the most scenic routes. Should I travel in the direction of Utah first or directly to the Grand Caynon?? Would I have time for the North Rim??? Greatly appreciate any and all advise. Trip is scheduled end of May

Tucson, AZ

Default Easy

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The basic loop; Las Vegas, Zion, Page, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott, Las Vegas; is 'only' 850 miles. Even calling it 1000 for little side trips still means that it's easily doable in 5 days. Notice, however, that I've left out Bryce Canyon and the North Rim. While these places are certainly worth visiting, I think that you might be trying to pack too much into one trip and you can experience more while riding fewer miles if you keep to the basics. On the other hand, note that this loop also perforce includes the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, the old mining town of Jerome, and can include a sizeable chunk of old Route 66 through Peach Springs between Seligman and Kingman, AZ. It's also probably better to make the loop clockwise as described because this will put you on the Canyon side of South Rim Drive as you drive through Grand Canyon NP, making getting into and out of the pull offs and parking areas easier and safer.

South of England.

Default Bryce option.

As an option that could include Bryce canyon and a great ride would be to head Bryce from Zion and then take Utah scenic 12 to Torrey and then past Capitol Reef to Hanksville before heading South on 95 to 163 and through the famous red rock towers of Monument valley on the way to the South rim of the Grand canyon back to Vegas via part of '66 and Hoover dam. This is around a 1000 mile ride and you might not want to miss Prescott and Sedona, but I thought I would put it out there as an option anyway.

4. Default

I've been planning a route 66 route for quite some time, and I've calculated 400 miles per day. It's 8 hours averaging 50 mph, which is very doable for a rider with a little experience. Core muscle workouts pay great dividends on bike rides. I would guess that 200 miles a day, four hours average, would be a great way to spend a week. At that pace, you still have the option of staying a day somewhere if that's where your adventure takes you. This also adds a buffer for mechanical issues, in addition to the occasional bar trip that lasts too long. I've never gone wrong with over estimating travel time. You can always have a little extra time to relax. One of the biggest vacation killers I've had is the "vacation schedule". That's why I love biking. It is the vacation. If I get there, I get there. If I don't, it's probably because I ended up somewhere else. Just have fun with it. That's the important part.