Default From Central Texas to where?

Two summers ago we went west to the grand Canyon and Vegas. This June we have about 18 days to go in another direction. Any suggestions as to which way would take us to quiet, scenic, natural, relaxing destinations?

Default You'll Have to Narrow it Down a Bit

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums

Nine days from central Texas is time enough to get to anywhere in North America. There's simply no way that anyone can pick a single destination for you out of nearly 10 million square miles. The first step will have to be up to you.

AZBuck

Thanks. We were looking first at the Michigan Northern peninsula (have family in Ann Arbor) then started to wonder whether we will be spending more time driving to get there than tour the area. Any thoughts about this?

Default sure

Well, you're looking at about a 2.5 day drive from Austin to Ann Arbor - and its another half day from there to the Mackinac Bridge onto the UP. Then basically a 3 day drive back to Texas. That still leaves you 12 days for exploration, so that seems like a reasonable possiblity to me.

Strange, but the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (the locals call it the UP) is where I'm headed in late June. If you care to read the thread just click on Road Hawk above and go to "View all Started threads" If you're serious about the UP, there is plenty to see up there. I'm taking the eastern shore of Lake Michigan going up and the west shore coming back down, and I'm avoiding the interstate highways as much as possible.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 04-20-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added link to Road Hawk's UP thread

Thanks y'all. We'll look at some other options for a while and may come back with more questions.

Default The great river road trip

We decided to do the great river road trip (got the book). We think of driving north to Minnesota and start our way south along the river (as much as it is possible). Any suggestions on places of special interest, places to stop, places to stay? We have about three weeks and we feel like we really want to take it easy and spend a couple of days in places where more than a quick tour is worth our time. Thanks.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 05-01-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Merged with previous discussion. Please do not start multiple threads for the same trip.

Default Just a Few Days Ago

I posted some of my favorite stops on the Great River Road.

AZBuck

I apologize for my misunderstanding of how a thread works. Thanks AZBUCK for the referral to the previous info about your favorite stops on the Great River Road.