1. Default Las Vegas, LA, San francisco, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite

Hi there

My family will visit me oh June so, I would like to take them to tour the west coast. However, this is the first time that I will drive and travel by myself.
    I want to get any suggestion or route that I can travel all the list (Las Vegas, LA, San francisco, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite)or as much as I can.
    I have 8 days (I know it is really really short time) so, please tell me where should I start (I will fry from Portland, Oregon). I can either go to las vegas or San francisco. Any route that suitable with time time. I can give up some but really wanna go everywhere. Please give me a reccomendation on that.
    PLan (14-21 Jun)

Thank you very much

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'm a little confused by your statements - you say this is the first time you will travel by yourself, yet you're saying that you want to take your family? So is this a solo trip or is this a family trip, and if its a family trip, how many others/ages/etc are you talking about?

Considering the easiest thing to do would probably be a loop, I don't see much difference between starting in LA, SF, or LV so I'd go with where you can find the best deals on airfare and car rental. Probably the biggest thing you'd have to worry about is if Tioga Pass will be open, which will impact how you get into Yosemite from Lake Tahoe. It typically opens in late may or june, but there is no way of knowing at this point when that day will be. This is also a very popular route -in fact the most popular- on this forum, with lots of other threads, discussions, and ideas. Take a look around, starting with these threads and you'll find lots more help.