Default Baseball road trip in an RV

I am a new RV owner and a baseball fan. Making the trek around the country to visit all the baseball parks is on my 'bucket' list. Hopefully within the next few years.

I haven't found much in the way of information for RV'ers to know where the RV parks are close to various ballparks. I'm thinking about starting a web site with a forum dedicated to Baseball and RV'ers.

For example, where would you stay in an RV to go to a Yankees or Mets game. There is probably some park near a train station in NJ or PA that would work. That is the kind of information I'm looking for.

If anyone knows of such a site please let me know. Also, I'd like to hear comments about my idea of making a web site.

Dennis in Tampa

Green County, Wisconsin

Default ideas

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There are a whole bunch for resources and guidebooks for RV parks, there are also a whole bunch of resources available about Baseball themed trips - including some which also discuss the use of RVs. This site has lots of great information about both topics, that you can find by looking around a bit, both in the forum on in the planning section.

That said, I'm not sure if there is a specific resource that details all of the RV parks that might work, I usually go the tent camping route, so the parking issue doesn't end up being quite as big of a deal. Obviously, some parks will be easier than others. Places like Anaheim, Milwaukee, and Philadelphia where the stadiums are surrounded by big parking lots will have some built in options, where "downtown" parks, like Boston, Wrigley, St. Louis, San Francisco will be fairly tricky to find a RV parking and you'll probably need to find some sort of park and ride option. I think in a lot of the cases, it will just require a little bit of research on each location to figure out both the parking and transit options - which really is true for any ballpark/baseball themed trip - its just that much more important when dealing with the added layer of an large vehicle like an RV.

If you have information about RV parks near MLB parks, please contribute your information.

Last edited by AZBuck; 04-15-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Link and references to personal website removed