1. Default Road Trip from SF to Canada

I'm planning a 7 day round trip road trip from SF to Canada. Camping and smaller hotels

Does anyone know of spots along the way that I wouldnt want to miss.

Thanks for any advise.

Tucson, AZ

Default Canada?

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your destination is the second largest country in the world! A bit more specific target would be needed before anyone can give you any meaningful help. While your at it, a word or two about what you hope to see or do on your trip would also be in order, as well as whether it's one-way or round trip and other basics.

3. Default Vancouver

Sorry about that. Yes, we are planning on driving from SFO thru Portland and then to Seattle and finally out to Vancouver. We might want to just make it as far as Seattle as time permits. We planning to go sometime this June and enjoy camping and visiting small towns or historic spots.

round trip in 7-10 days.

Tucson, AZ

Default Up and Down

Well, probably the best compilation of sights to see along the coast is this one by an area resident. I will also say that I spent a week last fall in the Oregon coast/Portland/Columbia River area and was thoroughly enchanted and highly recommend both a few of the state parks along the coast, and the Historic Columbia River Highway. Another 'must' if you're a history buff is Fort Clatsop.

In general, I'd suggest that you think about heading north on an inland route, hitting the major peaks of the Cascades including Shasta, Crater Lake, Hood, Washington and Ranier and then when you get down to just three days left, head for the coast and follow it home.

By the Way, if you do make it as far as Canada, make sure you have your passport and proof of insurance - contact your carrier for a Canadian proof card.

5. Default

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.