Hi, and thanks for a great forum.
My girlfriend and I are planning a roadtrip to the U.S. in August 2010 for 28 days. We come from Denmark, which is not a big country, why we are not accustomed to large distances. We have tried to make a suggestion for a route, on which we would like to have your comments. We want to hear if you would assess whether the program is realistic in relation to the time we have? You are welcome to make suggestions for changes, if there are better places to visit, than those we have chosen. And we would also like to hear whether we have reserved enough time for the different places. Perhaps you would recommend to delete some of the places in order to have more time elsewhere?
16. aug Arrive in San Francisco in the evening (rest)
17. aug San Francisco
18. aug San Francisco
19. aug Drive along Highway to Santa Barbara where we spend the night
20. aug Arrive early in LA
21. aug LA
22. aug LA, Universal Studios
23. aug Drive through Calico and along Rute 66 to Lauglin where we spend the night.
24. aug Drive early from Lauglin to Grand Canyon arrive at lunch
25. aug We spend the morning in Gran Canyon before we drive to Mesa Verde past
26. aug We spend the day in Mesa Verde to see the Indian village in the caves before
going to Moab to spend the night.
27. aug. We spend the day in Moab, where Arches and Canyonlands is.
28. aug. We take a long drive up to Yellowstone with one stop on the way to sleep.
29. aug. We drive to Teton to spend the night
30. aug. We spend the whole day in Yellowstone and spend the night in the park.
31. aug. We spend the whole day in Yellowstone and spend the night in the park.
01. sep. We spend the whole day in Yellowstone and spend the night in the park.
02. sep. Drive early through Yellowstone to Grand Teton where we spend the nigt.
03. sep. We are driving south and have one stop to sleep on the way to Bryce Canyon.
04. sep. Arrive at Bryce Canyon
05. sep. Drive to Las Vegas through Zion, to make sure we arrive in Las Vegas at night to
be able to see the lights on the way.
6. sep. Las Vegas
07. sep. Las Vegas
08. sep. Drive to Yosemite through Death Valley, we spend the night outside Yosemite, it
could be in Bishop or Visalia
09. sep. The whole day in Yosemite, in the area with the big trees before we drive to the
cabbins placed further into to park.
10. sep. Yosemite.
11. sep. Yosemite before we drive to San Francisco in the afternoon to spend the night at a
hotel in the airport.
12. sep. Leave San Francisco at 5 pm (aftenoon) to go back to Denmark.
One of our biggest problems is the trip from Moab to Teton and return from Teton to Bryce. We'd like to know if there is anything on the route we should stop and see, or we should take the trip in 13 hours in one strike? If we take the trip without stopping to sleep we get 2 extra nights which we could use in places you might think is better.
We hope that you will give us some feedback on our trip.