1. Default Road Trip at end August

Hi guys, this is my first post here.
    Myself and my partner are planning a 2 week trip in August. At the moment we only really know our start point of Toronto - to visit family for a couple of days, then its on the road. We were probably thinking stop off at New York for a couple of days, calling in to Jersey then heading down the coast, but from there we're not sure. We both like the outdoors and would love to do some hiking (hopefully a couple of treks) and maybe campng for a couple of days. We are thinking of a convertible to enjoy the weather too :) Wouldn't mind being on the water... if that is possible. It's our first road trp in the US

Any suggestions for a route would be greatfully appreciated - thanks

If you are going from Toronto, head through New York and down I-81 to the Poconos at I-80 if you want some camping. The Appalachian Trail at the Delaware Water Gap should provide you with some amazing hiking and you can take I-80 east until you get to New York. Head down NJ Parkway if you want the beach and you can stop at Atlantic City.

South of England.

Default One way?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With 2 weeks to work with you have a lot of options open to you so I would study a good map and use the search function to look a round the RTA pages where you will find plenty of info. When you have a better idea of places you want to visit I am sure some members will be able to help you "fine tune" your trip.

If you are looking to do a one way trip you might have to rent your car across the border as I doubt you can hire in Canada and drop off in the USA.

Enjoy the planning !

Melbourne, Australia

Default Coast

Quote Originally Posted by tracymg View Post
    ............... Wouldn't mind being on the water... if that is possible.
    In that case I think you might like driving from Atlantic City all the way down the coast of NJ to Cape May, take the ferry to Lewes and then down VA to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. Further down off the coast of North Carolina you have the Outer Banks.

You can actually take this coastal route all the way to Key West.... an amazing journey of diversity. However, you don't mention where you would like to finish or where you will be flying out from. That will greatly depend on how far you can get down the coast.