1. Default First road trip - New York to Boston

I am planning a 2 week trip. I am thinking 4 nights in NYC then head towards Cape Cod/Marthas Vineyard for some relaxation before going to Plymouth then onto Boston for a couple of days. Does this make sense? Where would be good stopovers between NYC and Cape Cod? And at Cape Cod, where is good for some R&R - sightseeing, relaxing on the beach or by the pool and maybe some canoeing. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 teenaged daughters. Thanks

Tucson, AZ

Default Easy and Great

New York to Boston by way of the Cape makes for a very compact RoadTrip. You could probably drive the entire route in a day if you didn't stop. But of course the stops are the point. Between NYC and the Cape, places you'll want to consider include Mystic especially the Seaport, Abbott's in Noank (You'll have to ask for directions), and yes there really is a Mystic Pizza. Another great site just north of there is the Mashantucket Pequot Museum near Ledyard Center. Next would be Newport, RI where a walking tour of some of the 'Cottages' and shore front would be in order. There are several canoeing opportunities on the Cape including Herring River, Nauset Marsh, and Nickerson State Park. while the best beach and sightseeing are in the Cape Cod National Seashore and Provincetown.