1. Default Trip arount the entire USA

I am planning a trip with my friends from Miami all the way west to California and then back to New York and down the east coast back to Florida. I know it is going to be a long trip but I want to see as much as I can. Does anyone have any tips as to what to see besides the normal (grand canyon, mt. rushmore, etc.)?

Do you think it is possible to do this in 3 weeks?

Do you know of a site where I can plan this with stops for campgrounds and cheap hotels? (Many ask for starting and ending locations, but I am going to start and end in the same city)

Any tips, books, sites for advice?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default not really

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

3 weeks really isn't enough time to do everything you've listed. Just to complete the miles you are talking about, you really wouldn't have time to stop and see anything. You're talking about 10 hours a day in a car, basically every day for 3 weeks. That's really just not fun, and isn't going to give you a chance to see much of anything.

If you've found a mapping type program you like, I'd just break your trip down into segments and plug in info that way.

This site is filled with articles, threads, and other ideas and advice, so really, the best thing I can say is just spend some time looking around (both the forum and the rest of this site) and build up a pile of possibilities.