1. Default Need Spring Break Ideas!

My best friend and I are going to take a road trip during spring break. We're celebrating my 19th birthday so suggestions to wine tastings and breweries would just put salt in the wound.
    We're leaving from Austin, Texas and we're on a tight budget, not on gas but hotels and attractions and stuff like that. We were brainstorming to go to Roswell, New Mexico, but we're worried that it's not going to have enough non-UFO related activities to last us the whole spring break week. I'm hoping y'all have some ideas and tips for us and we're definitely open to suggestions! Thanks so much!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default what do you want?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You've said a few things that you don't want, but you really haven't told us much about what you are looking for. How do you want to spend your spring break - in cities? looking at nature? on a beach?

Also what do you have for time available?

3. Default

I guess we're really looking for uncommon finds on country roads and towns that have a lot of culture and things like that. As far as cities and beaches go we are open to everything, as long as interesting sites are guaranteed. And shopping isn't a big deal for us, we only have enough money for basic souvenirs anyways, so we're not that interested in big malls or high-end stores. And we have about 5 days of traveling from the 15th to the 19th or 20th of March.

Hello kate, and Happy Birthday,

Since you're starting from the heart of Tejas and are interested in uncommon finds, country roads, and small towns with lots of culture, may I recommend Marfa and Terlingua in West Tejas. I've never been to either, but each seems to enjoy a growing rep among foodies and art-lovers. They've certainly got the "uncommon", "country", and "small towns" parts covered!

You're not leaving Austin during the coming SXSW weekend, are you?

Enjoy planning and taking your RoadTrip.