1. Default Aussie family travelling Florida to California.... Help!

We are an Aussie family of mum, dad & 3 kids (12, 10, 6) heading to the US in Sept. We plan to travel from Florida (after the Sept shuttle launch) and spend 3-4 weeks getting to California (last stop Disneyland).
    We plan to rent an RV and see as much as we can in the short time we have. No definite route yet, however would like to include Las Vegas and Grand Canyon.
    If anyone has any tips on cheap one-way RV rental, must-see places, travelling with kids, great RV parks, or anything else useful, would love to hear it. THANKS :)

South of England.

Default Cheap and RV don't really go.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With 3 to 4 weeks to drive across country you have a nice amount of time for sight seeing and choosing pretty much any route that appeals to you.

I'm not sure that "RV" and "cheap" belong in the same sentence and a one way drop off fee isn't going to help matters. The RV is definitely a lifestyle choice and not one that should be made for budgeting reasons. By the time you include campground fees and factor in a gas return of around 10mpg the costs soon escalate, but personally I love that lifestyle and that makes it worth it. All I can suggest is to keep looking on the Internet and see what deals come up, sometimes large companies like Cruise America or El Monte have one way specials and the like and other times you can get a better deal through an agent.

You will find plenty of RV parks all over but the best value ones, set in the most scenic areas are often found in the State or National parks.

Take a good look around the RTA pages [the site is huge] and you will find road trip planning pages, RV info and thousands of threads on trips covering just about anywhere.

Here is our RV trip that includes Grand canyon, Vegas and Cali that might give you some ideas, and if you have the time [and inclination] you could look for ideas in Colorado and the Four corners.

Both of these trip were done in Sept and October and for me it is the best time of year to travel, so have a look around and gather some ideas and when you have a clearer picture of what you want to do and more specific questions let us know and we might be able to help fill in the blanks

Green County, Wisconsin

One other thing to keep in mind is that Shuttle launches are frequently delayed, either because of weather or mechanical issues. Sometimes those delays only last a day or two, sometimes they are longer. Everyone I know who has seen a Shuttle launch has said its great experience, so I think you've got a great idea. However, If seeing that is a big part of your plans, you should think now about how you plan to deal with a delay - if you will wait it out (and how long you're willing to wait) or simply move on.