1. Default CAlifornia roadtrip, help plan..las vegas to redwood national park one way

I'm trying to plan a 14 day road trip from vegas to redwood national park at the end of july. Flying in to Las vegas but driving out to death valley same day. I would like to stop at death valley national park and then go white water ratfting in kernville,then head up to Sequoia and king national park, yosemite n.p., san francisco, napa valley, larssen volc. n.p., and lastly redwood national park. I'm i spreading myself to thin? Is 14 days enough and what part will be the longest driving period. i would greatly appreciate anyones comments and advice!

Tucson, AZ

Default Two Ways To Look At It

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Adding in another few hundred miles for another detour or two on top of what you've listed, would bring your total miles to around 2,500 (assuming you will be returning to Las Vegas at the end of your trip.) There are two ways for you to envision whether this is too much for you. One way would be to think that of the 14 days you have available, you'd have to be driving a solid 5 of them. The other way would be to consider that you'd have to cover about 200 miles on average for each and every one of your 14 days. I wouldn't think of either of those as too much. If you are returning to Las Vegas from Redwoods National Park, then that would be your longest leg at around 850 miles, or two relatively comfortable days of scenic driving by way of Reno, Lake Tahoe and US-395. Otherwise, your longest leg would only be about 300 miles from Napa Valley to Lassen Volcanic National Park.