1. Default sponteneous road trip

Myself and my girlfriend are from england..we have just decided to do a road trip rather than in la for 3 months.
    We are in las vegas at the moment, and we have decided to go on sunday...for about one and a half months.
    trouble is..we have no idea where to go! i mean we have a rough idea of the places we want to see...and we have a car allready so at least thats not a problem. We would love to experience places like memphis, miami , the deep south, denver etc...so we are planning on doing a big loop starting from vegas.
    I know this is a very vague question..but any advice from anybody would be appreciated on a 'see every side of america' road trip starting and finishing in las vegas.
    Cheers
    Ivan

Default The best ones.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With 6 weeks of travelling you can certainly do a nice loop and hit the spots you already have on your "to do" list but before we can be of much help you need to sit down with a good map of the US and look for things of interest to you in between the dots you already have. You will find a wealth of info throughout the RTA site and you can also put key words into the search function to find more info on places that have grabbed your attention.

You haven't really given us an idea of your interests either but there are some amazing National parks and scenic drives throughout but between Denver and Vegas you have some real beauty's in Colorado, Southern Utah and Arizona. You can find info on every park in the country with the National parks pages.

Once you have worked some of this out for yourself, if you have more specific questions just ask away, but of course you could just keep it spontaneous and hit the road with map in hand and see where the road takes you, talking to the locals to guide you to their favorite spots, this type of adventure can often work out to be the most memorable type of trip there is.

Default My type of trip

Quote Originally Posted by Southwest Dave View Post
    ............... but of course you could just keep it spontaneous and hit the road with map in hand and see where the road takes you, talking to the locals to guide you to their favorite spots, this type of adventure can often work out to be the most memorable type of trip there is.
    Just want to endorse Dave's suggestion, in case you think people don't do this. I do!! And for 'spontaneous' folk, like youselves, it could just be the way to go.

Enjoy your trip.

Lifey