1. Default Worth the trip to Painted Desert?

Hi, I am planning a trip to Sedona in May and was wondering whether it is worth making the trip (2.5 hours each way) out to the Painted Desert/Petrified Forest. My wife is more interested in spending the whole time in Sedona so if I convince her this is worthwhile, I want to make sure it doesn't disappoint.

Thanks for your opinions.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default is it ever worth it?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I haven't been there in many many years, but I still remember the trip, so I guess that says something.

However, "worth it" is just an impossible question to answer. Even if someone here thinks its the greatest place in the world, that doesn't mean that your wife will enjoy it - especially if she has her heart set on staying right in Sedona.

What I would do is go to the website of the park and look at what there is to see and do (lots of pictures and videos) and see if that gets her more interested and excited about the possibility of going. Once you've done that, you've just got to figure out if you can work out a compromise that fits in with the rest of your trip.

If its the long drive, thats the problem, there are several other national parks and monuments in northern az that are closer, such as walnut canyon, Wupatki, and Tuzigoot that you could also consider.