Firstly many thanks for the great threads already on the site. Hopefully my questions aren't repeating questions already asked although judging by the number of threads I probably am and apologize in advance.
Me and my wife are planning a road trip (end of July/beginning of August). We have put together a rough plan below. Our flight and car are already booked. Picking a car up in SF on day 3 dropping it off in LA Day 14.
A rough plan is:
Day 1 - 3 San Francisco
Day 4 Napa valley area
Day 5 Lake Tahoe (1 or 2 nights)
Day 6 ?
Day 7 - 8 Yosemite
Day 9 Mammoth lakes area
Day 10 Death valley
Day 11 - 13 las vegas
Day 14 LA drop off car
Day 15 LA
Day 16 Fly home
Does this look ok. My main questions are as follows
1) Would people stay in The napa valley area for a night or just do a day trip there and stop somewhere else?
2) Is lake Tahoe worth 2 days or should we do this day somewhere else?
3) Is mammoth lakes a good place to say on route to Death valley, i have seen a lot of posts recommending Bishop?
4) We plan on using the car for a day trip while in Vegas and were wondering about ideas. We have already ruled out The grand Canyon as this is not feasible anyway if we did that on this trip we would not have an excuse to return.
5) Any suggestions for things to do or see on the drive from Las Vegas to LA to break the drive up.
Many thanks in advance