1. Default Death Valley, Arches, Canyonlands

I am planning a 10-14 day trip in early May. My plan is to fly from DC to Las Vegas, rent a car, drive to Death Valley and explore for 2 days (2 nights in the park, if possible). Then on to Moab area, visiting Cedar Breaks along the way. Is 5-6 days enough time to explore Arches, Canyonlands, Natural Bridges? I would try to cabin camp.
    I'd continue on to Denver and visit family there, returning the car at the airport. Does this itinerary make sense? It seemed like a lot of back-tracking to return the car to Las Vegas and fly to Denver from there.
    Advice please! And thank you!

Tucson, AZ

Default Things to Consider

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your timeframe is certainly enough to get at least a good taste for each of the places you want to visit. You're probably looking at 3 days at most to cover the driving leaving you a full 7-10 days of hiking and exploring. our best camping sites will be in the national and state parks and forests, which in May should still be relatively unoccupied. As far as the choice between driving on to Denver or returning to Las Vegas and flying to Denver, I suspect that driving would be the better choice. Even though there is likely to be a several hundred dollar drop-off fee, you have to weigh that against the cost of a one-way plane ticket and the fact that the drive to Denver would show you something completely different from the desert and plateaus you would have seen up to that point.

South of England.

Default Options on route.

Continuing from Moab to Denver instead of returning to Vegas makes the most sense to me by far as Denver is closest, but if budget is an issue you will have to weigh up the costs and decide from there.

I would also recommend 10 days if it's an option, heading North on I 15 you could spend some time at Zion NP and Bryce canyon NP and even continue on scenic byway 12 to Torrey and past Capitol Reef. Another option would be to head to I40 via the Hoover dam from Vegas and spend time at the Grand canyon and Monument valley.