1. Default Calgary to Vancouver - Some help for a UK couple please!!

Hi Guys, my name is Richard & im from England, i know this forum is a wealth of knowledge and im really hoping someone out there might be able to help with my exciting trip i have coming up.

Myself & my partner are planning a roadtrip across Canada in March of this year.

We are visiting friends in Calagary on the 2nd March & will be spending four days with them heading off for some skiing in Banff.

After that we would like to take a road trip across to Vancouver - the only place we know we would like to stop at is Red Mountain along the way.

I would really appreciate your help on the best way for us to plan this trip, any locations we should ensure we visit, & any help on where to hire an SUV that we can take from Calgary Airport & drop at Vancouver Airport for the best price.

We have about 14 - 16 days in total for our trip.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated. If this is posted in the wrong area please accept my apologies.

Tucson, AZ

Default Crowsnest and Victoria

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your basic route after heading south on BC-93/BC-95 from Banff to Cranbrook will follow the Crowsnest Highway west to Vancouver, one of the most gorgeous highways in North America. The general impression I have from European visitors to this site is that they generally get much better prices on car hires by booking through their local agents and websites than we can do here, so try that first. The one time I was in the Vancouver area, I actually spent the great majority of my time on Vancouver Island and I would suggest that if you have a spare day or two, you take the ferry over and poke around Victoria and/or some of the islands in the Strait of Georgia.