1. Default Seattle to Albuquerque and back - 1st trip advise

Our family is finally making an out of state road trip the last 2 weeks of July. We are regular campers, have a 5th wheel. We will be traveling with our 14 yo daughter and her best friend. As long as we make it to Albuquerque for 2 days and are home at the end of the month, I'm wondering it there are particular places along or close to the route that anyone out there would recommend. My husband doesn't like crowds. We've thought about detouring a little bit to go to Yellowstone, but have heard it is wall to wall people all summer. Is that true? Would love some advise for a family that has never made a long road trip. Thanks!

South of England.

Default It's when people visit.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

The same could be said of all the popular National parks during the summer months, but it's their sheer beauty that attracts people. Having said that, once there you can get away from the more touristy area's and find quiet spots, but if it's real peace you are after the crowds don't start to drop off untill Sept.

I would have a look at a good map and find places that might be of interest to you and then use key words and the search function on RTA to get more info on said place.

Creating a loop would be a good option to see new ground, perhaps coming down through Salt Lake and Utah and heading back up through California. I would have thought that with a 5th wheel that would amount to at least 8 day's driving, 2 in Albu and 4 remaining to do a little exploring.