Default Advice, First time road trip Atlanta, Ga to Portland Or

I am taking my first long distance road trip this summer. I am moving from Atlanta to Portland Oregon. I am most interested in any suggestions you all have about good places to see while driving out there. I will just have my car, no van or trailers to pull. And I plan on taking my time and seeing a bunch of stuff on my way.
    Any other suggestions are much appreciated. Ways to save money... etc. I am thinking i would take a more southern route as i know i would like to see Austin, Tx.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default a big country

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Since a trip from Atlanta to Portland litterally crosses the entire country, its just not possible to give you a generic list of suggestions. When you combine the fact that there are millions of possiblities across the vast vast country, and the fact that you've told us nothing about what you're interested in doing - there's just no way to even start answering your question.

What I can recommend is that you simply spend some time looking around, and thinking of places you'd like to see and things you'd like to do. Just getting out a map of the US can really help with the "daydreaming" stage of planning.

Once you've got an idea of what it is that you hope to get out of your trip, then we can help you put all the pieces together.