1. Default Chicago to Seattle

Where can i get info on the best route from Chicago to Seattle traveling in early February. Driving conditions are going to be a huge factor in this trip in a 2 wheel drive truck. So far we know we want to see Mt. Rushmore. But havent got more than that. we do have 7-10 days to make the trip.

Default Too soon.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Where can i get info on the best route from Chicago to Seattle traveling in early February. Driving conditions are going to be a huge factor in this trip in a 2 wheel drive truck.
    Simply put, you can't at this moment. Trying to predict what the weather will be doing in Feb is not possible and there is nowhere that is immune from winter conditions.

Having said that, Interstates are a priority to keep open and traffic moving, so by allowing yourself enough time to do the journey safely and if need be, pull off the road into a service area or similar for a few hours in a winter storm and allow the road crews to do their job you won't have cause for concern. Many 2 wheel vehicles go about there daily business throughout the year so I would plan on taking the most direct route as the less time on the road the less risk of disruption, but be prepared to make changes. Check weather and road conditions prior to leaving and while on the road.

To venture to Mt Rushmore looks as though I90 would be the most direct option and I would allow a mimimum of 4 day's if the weather is kind.

For other options we would need to know how long you have to make your trip to Seattle.