1. Default chicago to washington in 3 weeks

Hi, My wife and I are planning a summer road trip from Chicago to Washington over about 3 weeks.
    Have any forum members any advice on places to visit? We have been to Chicago before so don't want to spend much time there.

South of England.

Default So many options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

To get started I think you might be better off studying a map and searching the forums to find some places of interest to you and get some dots on the map and then RTA members will be able to help you join them together with a few alternative suggestions, but untill we know something of your interests it's impossible to make meaningful suggestions.

Enjoy the planning !

3. Default Charleston WV to Washington DC Summer 2010

Hi and greetings from the UK. My wife and I are on a road trip this summer. The final leg of our journey takes us from Charleston WV to Washington DC. Someone has suggested that we travel through the mountains. Can anyone suggest a suitable route and possible stop off on the way
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 03-14-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: merged with previous thread about this trip

Love to hear about your trip on your return. This may be one of the first legs of my future trip - in reverse.

Joplin MO

Perhaps you would like to take some of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive. Take I-64/I-77 south from Charleston, at Beckley stay on I-64. When you get to I-81, go south for about 3 miles to US-60, take that east to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Take that north, when it ends you can continue on Skyline Drive. That will take you to Front Royal, where you can pick up I-66 to DC.

There are a few possibilities along that route for an overnight stop.