First time posting on this forum, but I'm really glad I found it! I was in super panic-mode but I'm already feeling better after reading some of the other posts, so I decided to try one of my own.
Closer to the end of January, depending on the weather, I'm making a HUGE move (for me) to Provo, UT from Indianapolis, IN. I'd love to wait a little longer so that I didn't have to worry about picking the safest route or which one is less likely to get me stuck in a snow drift, but I'm getting a transfer at work. So unless I want to wait until August to try for another transfer, I'm pretty much stuck leaving at the end of this month!
I'm trying to find someone to give me advice on which roads would be the very best to take? I've been told to head south to try to avoid the mountains and then go up into UT but I've been told it's best to just head straight across.
The only mandatory stop along the way would have to be Kansas City...they have a T-Rex Cafe I've been dying to go to for about a year! Other than that, my trip is entirely open. I was hoping to have it done in less than 5 days, but if safety requires more so be it. If the majority of you say go south, I'll go south. If the majority says cut straight across, that's my plan. Well...that is if I don't see a huge snow storm coming at me from either direction.
Thanks so much ahead of time!