1. Default Leaving Buffalo and heading south, then west

I have just started discussing a possible road trip with a few friends and would love to get some feedback. I live in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area and ideally there are a few cities that I would definitely like to stop in. Some of these places include NYC, Boston, West Palm Beach, New Orleans, Grand Canyon, San Diego/San Fran/Sacramento, Vegas, Denver, St. Louis and Chicago.

This may be a lofty goal, but it's a starting point to see what the possibilities are. I'm just looking for an adventure. I just graduated from college in May 2009 and I am doing a year of service with AmeriCorps, so I would like to do a little bit of traveling before I officially enter the "real world".

I enjoy nature and the outdoors as well as exploring the diversity of American cuisine, if this helps any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would definitely be able to provide some more information if needed.

South of England.

Default Getting started

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

If you have a list of places you wish to visit, I would put some dots on the map and see how you can best join them up and what interests you between those dots.

At the moment your biggest considerations are to make your plans match your budget and time available for the trip, which are also strongly connected as the longer you are on the road and the more miles you cover, the more your costs will add up.

If you like the outdoors and don't mind camping that can help with costs, as well as if you own your car rather than having to rent one. You should sit down with your mates and answer some of these questions and find some common ground, then you can move onto the next part of the jigsaw and see how the other pieces of the puzzle fit in.