this is my first post in this forum, but I have been reading it for a while. First of all I want to say hi to all af you ;-)
I also want to ask to you what do you think about my roadtrip, which I am plannig starting June 2010. Every comment or remark would be highly appreciated. Thank you!
1. Arrival in SFO (5. Juni 2010, 4pm)
4. Rent a car in SF and the drive to Oakhurst, where we will stay overnight. During the afternoon we will visit Mariposa Grove. Question: it is better to sleep in Oakhurst or in the Yosemeite Park? If the second, where?
5. Via Tioga Road (9. Juni should already be open...), Mammoth Lakes, Lone Pine. It is a long drive. I already knwow that.
6. Lone Pine, Death Valley NP, arrive in Las Vegas in the early evening
7. Drive to Tusayan, Hover Dam + first visit of GC
8. GC (without big hike-trails) and drive to Page
9. Page, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Kayenta (+ Monument Valley)
10. Drive to Moab, Bike-Tour in Arches NP.
11. Moab+Arches NP
12. Drive trough Torrey and Escalante to Tropic (Bryce NP). Quick visit to Bryce NP, probably without trails.
13. Tropic - Las Vegas
14. Las Vegas, relax, outlets, hotels, casinos,...
15. LV-Laguna Beach/Hills (beach, nice villas,...). Probably one stop in an outlet on the way to Laguna Beach.
16. Drive to LA + first visit to the city
18. Malibų beach + LA
19. Shopping in LA, then flight from LAX at 7pm
20. Arrival in CH
As I said, every comment would be appreciated. Regards from Switzerland.