Default Bozeman to NYC hints

We're driving from Bozeman to NYC and back in July and was wondering if there are any must see stops along the way. We are planing to see Mt Rushmore of course and need to stop in Chesterhill Ohio either coming or going.
    We have about a week or so of time in both directions and are hoping to not use the same route for both ways.
    We have to young kids so things for them would be great.
    Any ideas?

Joplin MO

Bozeman to NYC is almost 2200 miles via fastest route, so you need a minimum of 4 days just to make the drive without sightseeing. With a week to burn each way, you have some, but not a lot, of flexibility. I'd go get a USA road atlas and start looking for more points of interest.

The fastest route is a tossup - either I-90 or I-94 to Chicago, then I-80 the rest of the way. Being that you want to see Mt. Rushmore, I'd opt for the I-90 routing one way and include Rushmore. There really isn't that much to do on I-94 unless you have a desire to visit Minneapolis.

Now, for the Ohio stop, you would probably want to use I-70 as a rough basis for that one with some "stairstepping" at both ends.

For the sake of argument, I'll give you a rough idea on how to include that on the way home. You could head out of NYC and go see Philadelphia and Washington DC. From there, you can take I-270 to I-70 to I-68 to Morgantown WV. Take I-79 south to US-50 and take that across into Ohio and take the local roads to Chesterhill. From there you could take local roads over to US-33 and take that to Columbus and get on I-70. Take that west and work your way back up to I-90 *somewhere* in order to get home.

Just keep an eye on your time, don't bite off more than you can chew.

Default Going to NYC question

Going to New York via Billings MT in July.
    We are in a cB RV and are wondering if there are any good / safe places to leave it outside the city or in New Jersey for about 4 days while we're there?
    We do not want to deal with driving it into the city.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 02-05-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Please keep all posts regarding this trip in this thread

Tucson, AZ

Default One to Investigate

This place could be just what you're looking for.