1. Default Brakes going out in Oaray, Colorado!!

Hey everyone. Just a simple reminder to always use your e brake if you need to! At the last leg of a long summer journey of travels I was in the little mountain town Oaray, Colorado. Traffic gets backed up there because its 2 lane highway coming out from some small mountain drives so if you get behind a camper you are screwed. Well I put on my brakes to stop for the traffic and padestrians but to my surprise the car didn't agree and just kept on going. I slammed the brakes, car kept on going. I yelled out "shit I have no brakes, I have no brakes!" as i kept slamming them, I got tensed. My fiance was in passenger seat and he pulled the e brake just as I was ready to honk. Well luckily no body was killed and I pulled the car off to the side. Unfortunately was a Sunday and couldn't find brake shops. We didnt have any money left anyway so we had to go the next 14 hours like that, only the brakes for some reason started working 5 minutes later.

but really it was crazy. Always remember your e brake, that could very well save your life and other people/s lives I now realize that. For some reason e brake just didnt come to mind, I don't know what I would have done had my fiance not pulled it. So always remeber ur e brake friends!

happy travels!

Default Do not continue with failed brakes !

Unfortunately was a Sunday and couldn't find brake shops. We didnt have any money left anyway so we had to go the next 14 hours like that, only the brakes for some reason started working 5 minutes later.
    For them to start operating like that again, it would appear that you suffered from extreme brake fade due to over heating, perhaps you had made a long steep descent ?

Two tips, 1] Alway's use a lower gear coming down hill and let the engine do some "braking" while not keeping your foot on the brake for long periods of time.

2] Please, never, ever continue with failed brakes, it's potentially fatal for you and/or people using the road with you !