1. Default New Mexico to Delaware

So I am moving to Delaware from NM and will be driving my car starting December 20th. My plan is to try to get to Delaware in a week but this could be extended. Am trying to take my time and see as many places as possible with my family who will be helping me move. We will be starting at Las Cruces, NM. Things that my family would love to see is a fashion design school, an aviation school, live music (jazz), major tourist attractions and historical places. I have narrowed it down to these places NM to Austin, New Orleans, Orlando - Florida, North Carolina and finally Delaware. Any tips on great places to see, stay and save money on will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Abanya; 11-19-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Tucson, AZ

Default It's All In the Details

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

"New Mexico" and "Florida" are pretty big targets. You'll have to narrow down where you're starting from, and what part of Florida you'll want to see. More importantly, though, you'll have to let people know what sorts of sites and activities your family would enjoy. There simply isn't a one-size-fits-all itinerary. Also, there's simply no way anyone can predict the weather this far in advance. You'll simply have to keep your eye on it a day or two in advance and be ready to adjust your travels or timing as required.

Joplin MO

The weather can potentially get bad on any cross-country route in December, but from NM to FL, I'd go down to I-10 and take it all the way across.

Via I-25 and I-10, it's about 1900 miles from Albuquerque to Jacksonville. You should plan on 4 days for this leg, this will allow for a bit of sightseeing. Jacksonville to Wilmington DE is about 800 miles via I-95, which is a fairly easy 2 day drive, but be aware of possible heavy congestion beginning around Richmond VA all the way to Wilmington.

Generally, the most economical way to spend the night is in a chain hotel at an Interstate exit, not in large cities.