1. Default Vancouver to San Diego to Las Vegas to Vancouver

A buddy and I are planning a trip from Vancouver to San Diego during the first week of Feb, spending a week there (for work) then driving up through the interior to Vegas and considering doing the interior route back to Vancouver (only a week or 9 days to drive back).

We are NOT looking for camping and parks but rather fun, party cities. Not so much into the whole club scene but rather fun bars that are NOT over dressy. Looking for a crowd 22-30 years old and not into places that attract people that are on drugs (except beer of course). Remote University towns would be appealing as well as small country towns with party reputations.

I don't know how concerned we should be given that we only have a 2 wheel drive Ford Explorer SporTrac but I do have so chains I bought but have never used. I am a very experienced winter driver seeing as I am from Toronto area and have done the drive from Vancouver to Whistler several times (in my truck and never used the chains).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tucson, AZ

Default Simple, Then

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The major universities on your way back would be UNLV, the University of Utah, Utah State, Boise State, Eastern Oregon University, Central Washington University and the University of Washington. Also, don't forget to look around military bases which are also largely staffed by young adults who enjoy the bar scene. For specific bars, you might want to check out a few of these.