1. Default Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank you to everyone who helped with my trip from SF through Oregon this year. Had a great time. Met lots of lovely people both local and others on holiday (vacation). Next year I hope to fly to Washington and from there drive to Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mountains. No idea of distances. How far could I go and what is worth seeing. Could I reach the Carolinas and what National Parks are there worth visiting. I would be there for 2 weeks but could stretch to 3. Dont need to stay in Washington as I was there recently for 7 days. Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by AZBuck; 11-12-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added link to previous trip planning

Tucson, AZ

Default Time is Not Your Limiting Parameter

Two weeks will be plenty of time to see the Blue Ridge and other venues in the American Southeast. For starters, you should have a look at the relevant portions of this loop trip on the East Coast. Major National Parks are Shenandoah and the Great Smoky Mountains, but as you see, there is so much more.

Joplin MO

You can easily reach anywhere in the Carolinas from Washington DC in one day of steady highway driving, so you have PLENTY of time to wander all over the place.