Default Family Trip from Dallas, TX to Pittsburgh, PA!

Hello All,

My wife and I are contemplating a road trip from Dallas, TX to Oil City, PA (Just North of Pittsburgh to visit family). 10 day maximum trip. We are thinking of going out toward Jacksonville, FL first to visit a friend then up the coast to end up in Pittsburgh. Oh! We are bringing our 4 1/2 year old daughter as well so the scenic route would be ideal here. Does this sound doable in a 10 day period round trip...comfortably? If so, which stops should we make? My wife and I are 26 and 27 years old. We would leave on Saturday, Dec 26th. Thank you for any and all help here!

Tucson, AZ

Default If the Drive's the Thing

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You're looking at two days from Dallas to Jacksonville, two days from Jacksonville to Oil City, and two and a half (call it three) days back to Dallas. Add a day in Jacksonville and a day in Oil City and you're already up to nine days of your ten day trip for minimal time at your destinations. Other stops on the way would necessarily have to be limited to parks near the Interstates. Whether that's the kind of trip that appeals to you and your wife - and daughter - is up to you.

Default Scenic Route

Is there a route we could at least take that runs along the coastline somewhat? Or is the I-95 a pretty drive at least? Thanks for the response too!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default not really

I-95 is a very busy major highway and not considered by most to be especially scenic. It will likely be even busier because of holiday travelers. You generally can't see the ocean from the highway, and the only real option for road that comes closed to hugging the coast is US-1. That's is an extremely slow, urban route, and even there, much of the time, you can't really see the coast.