1. Default Honeymoon trip starting in Nashville TN

OK my fiance and I need some advice. We are thinking about taking a roadtrip for our honeymoon. Our wedding is April 17th, 2010 and we are going to be on our way either the 18th or 19th. We plan on being gone for two weeks. We would like to see some natural sights as well as some historic. I'm the history lover as well as the ghost story lover. So I enjoy going to places of history as well as places with a scary past. We both enjoy the outdoors. We like to hike and rock climb as well as camp but for whatever reason I don't feel like camping on our honeymoon.
    I've been thinking about a fly-and-drive. Seems to be the best way to get out west and be able to see more... but I could be wrong. And yes we are thinking about heading out west since neither of us have been out there much.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And feel free to ask any questions if you need more detail to advise. :)

Tucson, AZ

Default If the 'West' is on the Agenda...

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

...then I think I would recommend a fly-drive type of RoadTrip. Nashville to Las Vegas, say, is a solid 3-3˝days each way, and that's just too much time to waste on a honeymoon. Instead you could fly into Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Denver, or anywhere in the west where you can get a reasonable airfare, and do a very nice loop ending up back at your gateway city. There are plenty of outdoor adventures awaiting you in that general area, and plenty of ghost stories, and plenty of history. So, have a look at the general area, see where you can fly to most conveniently and cheaply, and once you have a basic destination and whish list picked out, we can offer more detailed suggestions.

3. Default Thanks...

Thanks for the advice. Vegas might be a pretty cool place to start. But we'll check for the best price. :) I'll be back... and the way this honeymoon planning is going we might just scrap this "Go West" idea and go to the Blue Ridge mountains. Haha