1. Default Vegas, Zion, North Rim, Bryce, to Vegas loop

As a sort of 52nd anniversary treat we are planning a trip to Vegas to visit family. They will loan us a car to take a road trip as shown in the subject line.

We would fly to Vegas on 10/28, spend the weekend with grand kids, and leave on the road trip on 11/2.

I figure 2 nights at Zion, 1 night at the north Rim, and i night at Bryce, but the number of nights where will depend on what I can get in the way of accommodations. After this we would return to Vegas.

Total driving seems like about +/-700 miles.

Question: What can we expect the weather to be like, and is it likely we can rent cabins at the National parks, which is what we really want to do.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default changes likely needed

You probably won't be able to visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon on this trip. It typically closes for the winter in mid-October. If the road is clear of snow, they do keep the park open for day trip visits, but there are no services or overnight lodging.

Zion and Bryce should be open, and cabins are available all year. The only concern is if they would still have any availability less than a month out. Its the low season, so there is a chance, but they are popular choice year round, so I'd act quickly there.

3. Default

Thanks Michael,

Since i wrote that I found out you are right. The north rim lodge will close on 10/15, and the Bryce lodge on 10/31. We could move our trip up a week and still do the Bryce part, but I doubt we will do that as the weather looks iffy there, probably due to high elevation. We can get a cabin at Zion, so we may spend three nights there and do a day trip to Bryce from there - if the conditions permit.

Thanks again,

Joplin MO

Ruby's Inn just outside Bryce Canyon is open all year. It's a Best Western and the rates are reasonable.