Default San Fran to Vegas Car Hire?

Hi Guys

I'm hoping that I'm posting this thread in the right section, but...

A mate and I are coming over to the US in November and are wanting to do a road trip from San Francisco to Las Vegas via Death Valley and Yosemite NP. I've found a heap of threads on similar trips (all extremely useful) and worked out our route etc but we are finding it had to find car rental.

Being car fanatics we are wanting to rent an American car that is not very common in Australia. We thought that a Mustang, Corvette or Camaro would be appropriate. Does anyone know of any places to hire these sort of cars?

Upon going to Avis, Thrifty and Alamo etc they all say things like 'Mustang convertible or similar' and even though some of them say they have these car's I can't find where to book them specifically. We Don't really want to turn up at a rental place and not get the car we were hoping for because this is definitely the thing I'm most looking forward to in our trip.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default specialty collections

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Some of the rental companies have specialty collections, where you can reserve a specific model of a unique car (sports cars, luxury cars, hybrids, etc). I know Hertz does this, but I think a few other companies might do this as well.

The downside is that you will usually pay significantly more money than renting even a standard convertable. These specialty vehicles also may not be available for one way rentals, but you'll have to check with the rental companies specifically for restrictions.

Thanks Michael, I'm really glad I stumbled across the forum. Its been great for planning our road trip.

I've been looking at Hertz etc but am finding that it may be a little too expensive to rent one of these cars. We are both under 25 so we get a surcharge and there is also a large fee ($300-$500) for one way drop offs. We might have to go with a 'regular' car. It still shouldn't spoil our trip though.