1. Default Michigan to Seattle

Hi everyone!
    I am in the very early stages of planning a road trip early next summer from Southwest Michigan all the way to Seattle and back. I am traveling with a friend and we are budgeting around 2 to 2 1/2 weeks for the trip. We are planning on making a loop in order to see as much as we possibly can. We are both very interested in seeing as many of the "big" sights, such as the badlands, mount rushmore, yellowstone, as we can and also any little, neat attractions such as the corn palace, etc. We are interested in both large cities and small, in order to really discover how wonderful the rest of America truly is! Once we are in Seattle we are planning on spending at least a couple of days there, and are also planning on making the trip around the Olympic National Park.

So what we are asking is any advice on what to see, what isn't worth the time, any scenic routes, etc. Also, would 2 weeks even be enough time? We are road trip newbies and would appreciate any and all information!

Joplin MO

For time management purposes, just driving fastest route without sightseeing is 4 long days each way. If you are planning a few days in the Seattle area, that's going to start pushing a 2 week time frame.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default a big list

Welcome to the RTA forum!

My thoughts are along the same lines. Certainly this trip is possible to do in 2 weeks, and you can see and do a lot of things in that time.

However, its not really time to do a "kitchen sink" trip where you can see everything there is to see between the two points, at least not without really doing a whistle stop tour. You're looking at about 8 days "on the road" if you make those full days. Throw in a couple days in Seattle, and some time at Olympic, and you won't have much time left. Certainly, you'll have enough room to fit in some time at some of those major points, but you are going to have to keep an eye on the clock.