Thread: HamDog

1. Default HamDog

Hey all,
    This isn't really a fall question but since I'll be taking the trip in the Fall I'm posting here. I'm driving to FL next month. I have an odd desire to try a hamdog. It's served in the same place as the Lurther Burger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_Burger. I was under the impression this place was Mulligan's, in Decatur, Georgia. however when I call the number listed in google I get a disconnected message, (404) 377-0108‎ if anyone is interested. I saw a comment on the internet saying they shut down a-few years ago. Does anyone have any information about this, thank you.

3. Default

That's what figured. Thanks for confirming. Now I'll have to make my own.

Default the pitfalls

This is a really good example of why its so hard to do restaurant recommendations on a site like this - its such a cutthroat business that even "famous" restaurants can go out of business or changing ownership in the blink of an eye...

5. Default Recommendations

My hope was to find someone local who actually knew. However yes I see the issue with recommendations restaurants.

Default understood

A request like your for information about a specific place is a bit easier to answer, because there is usually information out there if you know where to look.

But that example shows why the more general, "where should I eat in this city or along this route" that gets real tough, because it would be quite easy to recommend a place, like the restaurant you were looking for as being unique, but unless you are specifically researching that one place, often times those places might not be open anymore.

Exactly - over the years I've eaten on the road in quite a few places that have wound up on my "short list" that are no longer in existence or have changed hands and are no longer worthy of my recommendation.