1. Default Road Trip In Texas

How are you

My name is Ignacio , i am from Argentina and i am going to be doing a Road Trip in Texas Starting October 6.

My plan is to start in Dallas, go to Lubbock (as a rest stop), then to New Mexico (Sta Fe, Taos, Albuquerque), then south to Carlsbad and to see White Sands if possible, Then passing through El Paso, going to San Antonio, Austin, Houston, then New Orleans and back to Dallas.

Please let me know what do you think and if it is possible to do it in 21 days? and how long would you recommend in each place, i like scenic vistas but algo going to bars or concerts.

Tucson, AZ

Default If the Shoe Fits, Wear It

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Your proposed trip is certainly quite possible to do with 21 days or so, and you will get the chance to see both some great scenery and hit some truly unique night spots. some additional scenic roads and locations you might want to consider include NM-518/NM-75/NM-76 between Taos and Santa Fe, a side trip into Ruidoso, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, and some of the bayous of southern Louisiana. As for how to partition your time, that is entirely up to you, but you have enough of it that it shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that some of the best music will be near the end of your trip, particularly in Austin and New Orleans, so save a few days for them.