1. Default Help asap pls!! Nj - sc / sc- miami

I am new to the site and i'm hoping it will be a big helppp!

Next week i'm taking a road trip form new jersey to miami, i'm trying to stop somehwere near Santee, SC since that seems like almost mid-point. I want to be on the road by 11pm hopefully making it through the morning traffic in richmond, because reading and hearing about it, i would not want to be stuck there! Once in santee, sc i plan on getting a hotel room to rest for about 8hrs so by time the sun is going back down on i'll get back on the road and complete the second leg of the trip to miami.

So i have a couple of questions for anyone willing to lend me a helping hand..

Are there any other heavy traffic area's i need to watch out for throughout the whole trip?

If i leave by 11pm will i be able to beat the morning rush hour?

Driving at night and staying awake really isnt a problem since i am use to being awake overnight, but suggestions on keeping entertained are definatly appreciated!

Thanks everyoneee!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default a potential problem

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you leave at 11pm, then you should be traveling through all of the Major Cities through the middle of the night, and traffic should not be a major issue - although in this part of the country some delays are possible at any time of day or night. I don't have any specifics, but you should also know that often they do overnight construction, so its possible that could lead to some delays for your trip.

I'd say your biggest problem, however, will be finding a place to sleep. Most motels don't like you to check in until afternoon, and its possible you may have difficulty finding a place that will allow you to check in the morning - or they may require you to pay for two nights, since you'll be checking in before checkout time.

Joplin MO

Philadelphia to Miami via I-95 is 1200 miles, which is 2 full days of driving. You can avoid all the major metros by adding 100 miles - go out to Harrisburg by most convenient/direct route and take I-81/I-77/I-26. If you do this, you could take a more "conventional" trip and travel during the day rather than at night, and spend a night (instead of a day) on the road around Charlotte. The scenery is a lot nicer this way too.